The best of both worlds! Spread along the banks of a 230-acre Ponkapoag Pond in the 8,500-acre DCR Blue Hills Reservation, the camp offers a wilderness experience just 15 minutes from Boston. Here you'll enjoy a rustic environment, be able to help preserve this critical area, and have the chance to volunteer to keep the Ponkapoag spirit alive!
Get directions to Ponkapoag >>
- 20 cabins (sleep four to six).
- Bunks with mattresses (bring sleeping bag).
- Wood stove (please note that outside wood is no longer permitted inside the reservation).
- No electricity.
- No running water.
- Limited tent sites in summer.
- Activities: Hiking, paddling, swimming, skiing, camping.
|Cabins - Season
|Cabins - Off-Season
|*Off-Season begins Labor Day and ends 3rd week of June.
||$35 (minimum rental period)
Nominal fee for Summer day use.
Reservations & Policies
- Registration form (PDF, 344 KB)
- Reservations taken by mail only.
- Call 781-961-7007 for availability or for general inquiries (Note: reservations will not be taken over the phone.)
- Summer reservations (last week of June through Labor Day) get highest priority if postmarked before April 20; mail to "Attn: Summer Reservations."
- Deposit of $50 per week, no weekend rentals in summer.
- Weekend rentals off-season require payment in full.
- Checks payable to AMC Ponkapoag Camp.
- Call for cancellations.
- A liability waiver form may be required. Check with the registrar for more information.
For more information, contact Paul and Trisha Minton (caretakers) at 781-961-7007, weekdays from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m., or write Trisha Minton, AMC Ponkapoag Camp, P.O. Box 582, Randolph, MA 02368.