Journey back in time to this rustic, peaceful camp and enjoy abundant hiking, canoeing, and biking opportunities in the beautiful and undeveloped Evans Notch area of the White Mountain National Forest.
For more information, visit amccoldrivercamp.org.
Summer season: June 29 – August 31
Extension season: August 31 - September 15
Winter cabin: October 1, 2012 - May 3, 2013
AMC Group availability (post and preseason) for limited mid week and weekends in May, June, September and October.
- Single, double, and family cabins, most with fireplaces or wood stoves and kerosene lamps.
- Indoor bathroom facilities with hot showers.
- Central lodge with living and dining rooms and porch, recreation hall, and cabin.
- Electricity in common buildings.
- Linens (summer only).
- Winter Cabin is self-service.
- Activities: Hiking, canoeing/kayaking, biking, swimming.
- Accessibility: Wheelchair accessible cabins, bathroom/shower, dining hall.
June 29-Aug. 31
Aug. 31-Sept. 15
|Member youth (12-16)*
|Member child (2-11)*
|Member child (under 2)*
* In same cabin with parents/adults. Age is as of 7/1/2013.
* Minimum of 2 day stay
1. Rates include meals, cabin, activities (except canoe trips), cabin fire wood, ice, taxes, and AMC service charges.
2. 10% surcharge for Non AMC members - Become a member today and save!
3. See CRC’s website for special “Sample Cold River Camp” programs.
Become a member today and save!
Winter Cabin 2013 - 2014 Rate
Full and Extension Season Reservations & Policies
$80/per night for a six bunk cabin. Learn more about Winter Cabin>>
Summer and extension rates include meals, rooms, taxes, activities, firewood, and ice.
Reservation requests should include:
Mail reservation materials to:
- Reservation form >>
- Deposit of $200 per person per week ($100 per person for extension season). No deposit required for children under 2. Make checks payable to AMC-Cold River Camp (Sorry we do not accept credit cards).
- Business-size self-addressed stamped envelope.
- Liability waiver form to be included for each guest.
Summer reservations requests will be received starting in March. Please do not mail before March 1.
- March 1 - June 18: Registrar, Lois Winkler, 17 Southview St., Pleasantville, NY 10570, (914-747-3194 before 9 p.m., EST). All reservations received postmarked March will be accumulated until April 1 and then processed by lottery starting April 1. After April 1st, all reservation will be processed on first come basis.
- After June 18: Managers Jim DiCarlo and Laurie Barr, Cold River Camp, 32 AMC Rd., Chatham, NH 03813, (Tel 603-694-3291).
- After August 27 - thru Sept. 14: Chris Clyne, Cold River Camp 32 AMC Rd., Chatham, NH 03813, Tel 603-694-3291.
- For Winter Cabin and Off-Season group use; contact Chris Clyne at 603-722-0117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maximum 10 guests per reservation. Summer season full week is Saturday to Saturday. Reservations for partial weeks will be considered after June 24. Minimum stay three nights in summer season.
- Summer: Cancellations must be received by May 30 for a 50 percent refund of the deposit. No refunds after May 30.
- Extension: Cancellations must be received by July 31 for a 50 percent refund of the deposit. No refunds after July 31.
- Winter: Cabin cancellation policy please contact Winter Cabin Registrar.