AMC’s Highland Center at Crawford Notch was built from the ground up with families in mind, offering private rooms with private baths, plenty of meal choices, free walk-on family programs, and free loaner gear from the L.L.Bean Gear Room.
A natural “big mountain” playscape offers energetic young explorers the chance to explore a White Mountain-inspired setting right on the Highland lawn! Kids will have the chance to burn some energy on the playscape while parents get ready for a day on the trail or relax after a rewarding hike.
And back by popular demand, family meal options including BBQ and ice cream socials, and optional Kids' Club activities before and after dinner, give parents a chance to unwind and socialize with other adults.
Family-friendly Lodge Amenities
- Private family rooms with full size and bunkbed combinations and private bath with shower.
- Traditional private 2-, 4-, and 6-person bunkrooms with shared bath.
- "Big mountain" natural playscape: climbing structure and "wolf's den".
- Campfire area for evening programs.
- Extended selection of free loaner kid-sized packs, boots, and outerwear in L.L. Bean Gear Room.
- Port-A-Cribs available.
Free Programs (available to all guests, every day)
- Breakfast is included with stay and available 6:30 – 10:00 am with classics like eggs, pancakes, make-your-own waffles, bacon, plus lighter choices like fruit and cold cereal.
- Pre-dinner social (4:30-6:00): join us for hors d'oeuvres and light snacks in our living room or patio; cash bar available.
- Dinner is included in your stay and is served family style Saturday-Thursday with soup, salad, home-baked bread, entrée, and dessert. We also offer kid dinner options, such as pasta, quesadillas, and mac and cheese, plus side dish, salad, veggie sticks, fruit, and dessert. A buffet dinner is offered from 6:00-9:00PM to accommodate guests driving up on Friday night.
- Kids' Club Dinners (nightly July and August): children can also join us for Kids' Club activities before and after dinner, and a special kids dinner, giving parents a chance to enjoy a pre-dinner social and dinner with other adults. Each evening we will offer a different Kids' Club Dinner, including BBQ dinners outdoors, make your own pizza night, panini sandwiches, build your own tacos, and more.
Guided Programs (registration required)
- 7:30AM: Morning Explorations - Birding Walk, Wildflower Walk, Pond Life, Wild Edibles, Trees and Shrubs.
- 9:00AM: Table Talks - Skins and Skulls, What's In Your Pack, Leave No Trace.
- 3:00PM: Junior Naturalists - complete our activity book and earn a badge!
- 4:30PM - 7:30PM: Kids' Club Activities led by our staff before, during, and after dinner. Games, crafts, relay races, scavenger hunts, more. (nightly July and August).
Photo: Jerry & Marcy Monkman