For more information about the AMC's White Mountain accommodations, outdoor programs, and membership, call AMC Reservations at 603-466-2727, Monday to Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or request a reservation online.
During late fall, winter and spring, Carter Notch, Lonesome Lake and Zealand Falls Huts offer lodging-only stays at the self-service rate. You supply food and prepare your own meals in the kitchen. Cookware and utensils are provided. In May, Mizpah Spring, Galehead, and Greenleaf also offer lodging-only stays at the self-service rate. Adult and child rates start as low as $32 per night for members. Check out the chart above for dates of self-service operation.
Payments, Cancellations, and Refunds
All reservations must be paid in full at the time the reservation is made. Payment can be made with a VISA, MasterCard, or American Express. Organized groups may qualify for a deferred payment date. Payment in full is required eight weeks in advance of stay for these groups. Please contact Group Sales 603-466-8059.
For reservations for 10 or fewer guest:
- Full refund up to 14 days prior to arrival date, less $25 processing fee.
- No refunds less then 14 days prior to stay.
Transfers may be granted in the event of emergencies and severe weather at the AMC's discretion. In most cases, the severe weather exception applies only to above-treeline situations. In either case the Reservations Office must be notified immediately.
- Children's rates apply to all who are 12 and under. (In consideration of other guests, parents wishing to bring children under age three to an AMC hut are strongly encouraged to stay at huts with bunkrooms accommodating no more than 10 guests.)
- For the safety of all our guests, AMC Destinations do not allow smoking.
- Alcohol should be used in a manner that is safe and courteous to oneself and to other guests. Abuse will not be tolerated. The legal drinking age is 21.
- No pets are allowed inside AMC Destinations.
- Member rates are available to those who are AMC members at time of arrival.
- Rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
The AMC partners with the White Mountain National Forest and is an equal opportunity service provider. The AMC operates Pinkham Notch Visitor Center and its system of backcountry huts in the White Mountain National Forest under special-use permits from the U.S. Forest Service.