See 2013 Season Dates >>
- Location: Garfield Ridge with views of the Pemigewasset Wilderness Area
- Elevation: 3,800 feet
- Hike difficulty: Moderate/Strenuous.
- Adjacent huts: Greenleaf Hut, Zealand Falls Hut. View map >>
- From the hut, you can climb South Twin, a 4,000-foot peak, or hike down to 13 Falls
- Sleeps 38 in four coed bunkrooms.
- Spring self service includes access to kitchen facilities, mattresses and pillows. No blankets are provided (bring sleeping bag).
- Summer full service includes hearty dinner at 6 p.m. and breakfast at 7 a.m., mattress, pillow and three wool blankets on each bunk (bring linens or a sleeping bag).
- Resident staff available with trail information and weather reports.
- Small retail store with safety items, snacks, souvenirs.
- Informative displays and daily educational programs.
The Appalachian Mountain Club is an equal opportunity service provider. The AMC operates Pinkham Notch Visitor Center and its system of backcountry huts in the White Mountain National Forest under a special use permit from the U.S. Forest Service.