See 2013 Season Dates >>
- Location: Mount Lafayette
- Elevation: 4,200 feet
- Hike difficulty: more challenging, with steep and rocky terrain
- Adjacent huts: Lonesome Lake Hut, Galehead Hut. View map >>
- Great base for exploring the timberline zones of Franconia and Garfield Ridges.
- Sleeps 48 in three coed bunkrooms.
- Self service includes access to kitchen facilities, mattresses, and pillows.
- Full service includes hearty dinner at 6 p.m. and breakfast at 7 a.m., three wool blankets, and pillow.
- Resident staff available with trail information and weather reports.
- Small retail store with safety items, snacks, souvenirs.
- Informative displays and daily educational programs.
The Appalachian Mountain Club is an equal opportunity service provider. The AMC operates Pinkham Notch Visitor Center and its system of backcountry huts in the White Mountain National Forest under a special use permit from the U.S. Forest Service.