In the Summer/Fall 2013 Issue
Why Walk? An except from the new book Walking Distance. By Robert E. Manning
Outfit for an Excursion. On a backcountry journey, a daughter notices signs of aging in her father. By Annie Bellerose
Log-Driving, Maine Style: Tracking a lost practice in the Debsconeag watershed. By Bill Geller
Celebrating 125 Years in the AMC Huts:
- Frankenstein Cliff and the Black Dog: A frightening hike beats back a man's sense of gloom. By Christopher Johnson
- White Mountains Accident Reports
- Alpina - Review of International Mountaineering
- Books of Note
Subscribe or renew by July 12th to receive the Summer/Fall 2013 issue!
In each issue, you'll find
You can also:
- Inspired writing on mountain exploration, ecology, and conservation
- Review of recent international mountaineering expeditions
- Analysis of accidents in the White Mountains
- Poetry, book notes and more
Appalachia Cumulative Index 1946-2010. The first cumulative index in over 60 years! Great for collectors and fans of AMC's journal.
New! Mountain Voices: Stories of Life and Adventure in the White Mountains and Beyond, a compilation of interviews with North Country notables by Doug Mayer and Rebecca Oreskes.