Join in! First Annual Gear Swap & the March for Science
AMC celebrates Earth Day, Saturday, April 22, in Boston with a full schedule of events! Join us for our first annual Spring Gear Swap, a climate change talk, sign-making for the March for Science, refreshments and team spirit as we make our voices heard for the environment!
Where: AMC Headquarters, 5 Joy Street, Boston, MA (near Boston Common & the State House)
When: Saturday, April 22, 2017, from 10 am - 5 pm
Gear Swap - Where Sharing Meets Economy
- Sell, buy, or both
- Drop off: Saturday, April 15; Tuesday, April 18 thru Friday, April 21
- Buy: Saturday, April 22, 10 am - 5 pm
- See full details below
March for Science - Open House & Climate Talk
- Saturday, April 22, 10 a.m. - noon
- Followed by the March for Science on Boston Common
- See full details & register below
Gear Swap Details
Two ways to participate: Sell, buy, or both!
1) Bring in your used outdoor gear and equipment for sale before the day of the event. Have a price you'd like to ask in mind. After the sale, you can collect your earnings, or donate some or all proceeds to the AMC. Unsold gear that is not reclaimed will be donated to an applicable AMC program or to another non-profit that can make use of it.
Bikes, packs, outdoor clothing, tents, skis, snowboards, snowshoes, climbing equipment and camping supplies are all OK! Gear and clothing must be in good, working condition, no repairs needed. If you would like to sell a large item, please contact Lisa Robbins (email@example.com) for special arrangements, as space is limited.
- Saturday, April 15: 11 am - 3 pm
- Tuesday, April 18 thru Friday, April 21: 11:30 am - 7 pm
Gear should be brought to our Beacon Hill headquarters at 5 Joy St., Boston, MA.
2) Come find great deals on outdoor gear for you, friends and your family!
When: Earth Day, Saturday, April 22: 10 am - 5 pm
Where: AMC Headquarters, 5 Joy. St., Boston, MA (near Boston Common & the State House)
- All gear must be paid for with cash
- Purchases must be taken home the day of the sale
- Gear cannot be held for later payment
Questions about buying, selling, dropping off or other details? Contact Lisa Robbins (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Science March Open House Details
Saturday, April 22, 10 am - Noon
Join AMC for the Science March. Start at our Joy St. open house, where we'll make signs for the March, and hear from staff scientist Georgia Murray about AMC's climate change and air quality research, and our science-based approach to conservation. Audience Q&A will follow. Light refreshments will be served.
From there we'll proceed to Boston Common for the March for Science.
Please register for the open house to help us plan for materials and refreshments