Cold River Camp
Are the trails and charms of the White Mountains calling out to you? Come find your less traveled trails and join us at Cold River Camp. Offering guests an authentic New England hiking camp experience since 1919. Hike by day in the surrounding mountains of Evans Notch, or venture further afield, returning each night to your woodland cabin and a community dining experience in the Conant Lodge. A swim in the Cold River, hot showers and evening programs. Great experiences for all ages!
For more information, visit amccoldrivercamp.org.
We are pleased to announce that Cold River Camp is opening registration for Summer and Fall Extension 2021!
Delicious, to-go meals 3x a day
Robust COVID-19 safety protocols
Hike Consultant on site to advise you in planning adventures
Full Season Dates –June 27-August 28
Extension Season Dates –August 28–September 5
Winter Cabin –October 12–May 4, 2022
Single, double, and family cabins are available, most with fireplaces or wood stoves and kerosene lamps. Breakfast, trail lunch and dinner are served “to-go” and included with your stay. To reduce exposure to COVID-19, the Camp will not provide linens to summer campers in 2021. Campers will need to bring their own sheets, blankets/sleeping bags, pillows, and towels.
Cold River Camp offers indoor bathroom facilities with hot showers. Cabins are wheelchair accessible as are the bathroom/shower.
For more information on accommodations in 2021:
Cold River Camp website
2021 Season FAQs
Cold River Camp Specials
Kids Stay 50% Weeks 1 + 2
Up to two children, under 12, per paying adult can stay for 50% at Cold River Camp for one week, either June 27-July 3 or July 4 – July 10. This offer is good for all CRC camp guests during these first two weeks, old time campers or new first time campers.
Cold River Camp Rates
|Full Season June 27 – Aug 28|
|Child (under 2)||$217/week||$260/week|
|Extension Season Aug 28 – Sep 5|
|Child (under 2)||$35/day||$42/day|
|Rates include meals, cabin, activities (except river trips), cabin fire wood, ice, taxes, and AMC service charges.|
|Become a member today and save!|
Winter Cabin Rates
$94/per night for a six bunk cabin with $30 COVID cleaning fee per stay. Learn more about Winter Cabin at the Cold River Camp website.
Rates include cabin,cabin fire wood, ice, taxes, and AMC service charges.
Reservations & Policies
Full-week reservations open March1. Partial-week reservations open April 19.
Include with your Reservation
1. A completed Reservation Form,up to ten people per form.
2. A completed AMC Liability-Waiver Form for each member of your party. (Without this completed form we cannot process your reservation request.)
3. A completed AMC Cold River Camp Common Safety Expectations Agreement Fo
A check payable to AMC Cold River Camp to cover a deposit of $200 per person per week for summer, $100 per person for Extension Season. Remainder of bill is payable at camp (no credit cards).
5. A business-size self-addressed stamped envelope.
Mail Your ReservationBefore June 20:
Registrar Lois Winkler
17 Southview Street
Pleasantville, NY 10570
Phone: 914-747-3194 (before 9:00 p.m. EST)
After June 20:
Cold River Camp Managers
32 AMC Road
Chatham, NH 03813
- Cancellations received prior to May 1 will receive a 50% deposit refund. No deposit refunds will be made after May 1.
- In fairness to those denied space, payment in full is required if a cancellation request is not received at least 14 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- If, within 14 days prior to arrival to Camp, you are experiencing symptoms of COVID or have been exposed to COVID please do not come to Camp. If you experience COVID symptoms while at Camp, you will be asked to leave. The Manager will discuss your reservation options at that time.
- If the entire Camp season is cancelled due to state or AMC regulations, the full amount will be refunded.
- Cold River Camp recommends that campers purchase travel insurance to cover expenses in the case of personal cancellation and in the case of Camp cancellation.
- Payment in full is required if a cancellation request is not received at least 14 days prior to scheduled arrival.
- Winter Cabin cancellations please contact Winter Cabin Registrar. Payment in full is required if cancellation is not received at least 14 days prior to scheduled arrival.