Whether you’re an experienced hiker, beginner, or traveling as a family, Zealand Falls Hut is the perfect backcountry destination any time of year. Visit in the fall for some of the best leaf-peeping around.
June 1, 2023 - October 21, 2023
January 1, 2023 - May 28, 2023
October 25, 2023 - January 1, 2024
Shuttle stop at trailhead
No dogs overnight
Sitting in the eastern section of the Pemigewasset Wilderness, reach Zealand Falls Hut by journeying 2.8 miles from the Zealand Trailhead along the easy Zealand Trail. Once you arrive, enjoy exceptional hiking and snowshoeing opportunities steps away from your bunkhouse accommodations.
|Difficulty||Hut Elevation||Mileage/Trail||Elevation Gain||Hiking Time||Trailhead|
|Easy||2,640 ft||2.8 miles/Zealand Trail||600 ft||1 - 3 hours||Zealand|
Want to hike hut-to-hut on the Pemigewasset Wilderness? Check out our resources tab for suggested trip itineraries.
Year-round, overnight guests can stay in one of our four bunkrooms, which have a total capacity of 36 people. We strongly recommend you make reservations in advance. Each room:
- Has individual bunks with mattresses
- Is fully enclosed
- Is unheated and has no electricity/overhead lighting, each bunk has a small reading light
- Is co-ed and may be shared by multiple people from different reservations
Year-round, guests must bring:
- An appropriately rated sleeping bag and pillow for your bunks
- A headlamp
- Appropriate clothing that will keep you warm during your stay
- Appropriate gear for a backcountry hike (see pack list tab for more information)
The hut dining room acts as a common space for overnight guests and day visitors. At the hut, guests can:
- Chat with an AMC hut croo member or caretaker
- Eat meals prepared and served by hut staff (for overnight guests during the full-service season)
- Refill on water and hot drinks
- Purchase snacks, merchandise and limited gear from 10am to 5pm (cash encouraged; no mobile payment apps accepted)
Want to go to a hut with a guided group? See what programs our Outdoor Guides are offering.
A portion of the proceeds from AMC Huts goes towards funding conservation projects across our region.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Operations
AMC has a long-standing commitment to using its huts, lodges, and sporting camps as models for sustainable operations and environmental stewardship. At Zealand Falls we use a hydro electric generator to create electricity for the hut and use LED lighting. The hut has composting toilets and we are committed to recycling and composting food. The hut has composting toilets and we are committed to recycling and composting food.