Join the President’s Society
The President’s Society is a group of philanthropic members who annually give an unrestricted gift of $1,000 or more. Members provide critical support for AMC’s conservation, environmental education, and recreation programs.
Your Gift’s Impact
Annual financial contributions from President’s Society members make AMC programs possible, in particular:
Managing and stewarding trails throughout the Appalachian Region.
Supporting scientific research, conservation advocacy, land and river protection in the Northern Forest, including Maine’s 100-Mile Wilderness, and the Mid-Atlantic Highlands.
Getting 500,000 kids outdoors through environmental education programs and outdoor activities.
Leadership training and support for 25,000 volunteers who advance AMC’s mission and introduce thousands of people to the outdoors.
Providing hospitality to 145,000 overnight guests each year in our lodges, huts, shelters, and camps.
For more information or to establish a recurring gift, please contact Stephanie Schiele at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-391-6638
There is more than one way to join
Make a gift or a pledge today! Pledges must be fulfilled by December 31, 2018.
Monthly gifts of $85 or more qualify for membership in the President’s Society and can be charged to your credit card each month.
Many corporations will match your gift dollar for dollar. Your gift, with a corporate match totaling $1,000 or more, qualifies you for membership in the President’s Society.
If you’re interested in making a contribution of stock, please contact Hilary Niles at email@example.com or at 617-391-6634.
Member Levels and Benefits
President’s Society members share a passion for outdoor pursuits, environmental stewardship, and the satisfaction of knowing they play a key role in furthering AMC’s mission. In addition to the impact of their gift, President’s Society membership also comes with great benefits that do not affect the tax deductibility of that gift.
Mt. Madison $1,000 – $1,875
- AMC membership; subscription to Appalachia; invitations to outdoor adventures and events with AMC’s leadership; one gift membership to give to a friend; recognition in AMC’s Annual Gift Report.
1876 Founder $1,876 – $2,499
- All the benefits of the Mt. Madison level plus and an 1876 Founder pin.
Mt. Jefferson $2,500 – $4,999
- All the benefits of the 1876 Founder level plus advance notice and booking for President’s Society Adventure Travel trips.
Mt. Adams $5,000 – $9,999
- All the benefits of the Mt. Jefferson level plus a personal AMC guide for a day at the Highland Center or Joe Dodge Lodge.
Mt. Washington $10,000 – $18,759
- All the benefits of the Mt. Adams level plus invitations to the President’s Society’s annual Alpine Supper Club event.
Mt. Katahdin $18,760 – $24,999
- All the benefits of the Mt. Washington level plus the opportunity to hike Mt. Katahdin with AMC staff.
Challenger $25,000 and up
- All the benefits of the Mt. Washington level plus personal updates from AMC President and CEO.
Jennifer B. Norris, Chief Development Officer
Margaret McNamara, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations
Carolyn Whipple Fraser, Major Gifts Officer
Stephanie Schiele, Director of Development Operations
Gary Gresh, Director of
Hilary Niles, Development
Barbara Evans, Development Officer, New York Region