The following policies and operating procedures will be updated accordingly as AMC adapts to the latest directives from state and federal government.
Please note, that while we will strive to keep this information up to date, it is frequently changing. We recommend that you check the individual state’s requirements before your visit.
For more detailed information specific to your destination, please scroll down or call our Contact Service Center at 603-466-2727 or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Guest Information for reservation confirmations
AMC Food Service
AMC food services will be guided by state guidelines and will change as state guidelines change.
There will be enhanced cleaning of food service and dining areas.
Social distancing will be factored into the dining experience.
There will be increased availability for hand sanitizers for guests and staff in all buildings.
Food service will vary per location.
AMC’s Expectations for our Guests
We require that guests wear masks at specific times during their stay, including at check-in, when entering any retail space, when entering/exiting food service areas, and any other time where social distancing is difficult (both inside and outside). We recommend our guests arrive prepared with their own face coverings. Limited disposable masks will be available for guests who need them.
We ask guests make every effort to maintain social distancing (6 feet or more) from staff and guests outside their party.
We ask guest to maintain healthy hand sanitation, including regular washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer.
If a guest experiences symptoms of COVID-19 during their visit, we ask that the guest notifies AMC staff, immediately, and make arrangements to leave AMC property. Refunds will be provided for guests who need to leave due to exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Staff will wear Face Coverings during interactions with guests, while performing work in guest areas, and will social distance from guests wherever possible.
AMC’s Commitment to COVID-19 Contact Tracing
If, following a reservation, AMC needs to get in touch with any overnight guests in an effort to conduct contact tracing following confirmation of a COVID-19 incident, the person whose name is on the reservation will be responsible for serving as a liaison with the other guests who stayed under that reservation.
Employees will follow all state guidelines when arriving to work, including checking themselves for symptoms and temperature readings as required.
Staff will wear Face Coverings during interactions with guests and while performing work in guest areas and maintain social distancing from guests wherever possible.
Staff will wash hands regularly and wear disposable gloves in some areas of operations.
AMC has suspended the ability to try on clothing in the store.
All sales are final.
We encourage customers to use contactless payment options where possible.
AMC will routinely clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and merchandise
Guests will be asked to wear masks and maintain healthy hand sanitation, as required by state guidelines
Guests and staff will be asked to practice social distancing, including following floor directional tools and barriers.
AMC will continue to promote online shopping.
Some common areas (including dining rooms, living rooms, libraries, studies, indoor gathering areas, and some outdoor gathering areas) will be closed to guests and visitors per state guidelines.
The reopening of common spaces will be managed based on state and CDC guidelines. Once open, enhanced cleaning procedures will be implemented based on CDC Guidelines
Saunas will be closed to guests and visitors per state guidelines.
State Specific Details
For up to date travel restrictions to Maine, please visit Keep Maine Healthy.
AMC will be following these guidelines:
- Guests will be required to sign the Maine State Certificate of Compliance upon arrival. It can be previewed on Keep Maine Healthy.
- Dinners, breakfasts, and trail lunches are available for pick up by guests at the main lodge and are packaged in “To Go” containers and in insulated boxes to bring back to your cabin
- Trail lunches will be ready at breakfast.
- Staff pick up trash, plates and insulated bags after each meal.
- Hot beverages are available in the main lodge at 6:30 AM and can be enjoyed in the common rooms while social distancing or taken back to your cabin.
- Beer and wine and soft drinks are available for sale (excluding Lyford where it is BYOB) and can be enjoyed in the main lodge or taken to your cabin.
- Skis and snowshoes may be rented from Northwoods Outfitters.
- Common areas will be open to guests when the lodge is staffed. Reduced capacity, social distancing and mask requirements in place.
- Saunas are closed.
- No linen service at Little Lyford Pond and Gorman Chairback. Guests must bring sleeping bag. Pillow with fresh case provided.
- Medawisla, Gorman Chairback and Little Lyford Lodges are closed Sunday afternoon through Tuesday midday.
- No services except outhouse are available when lodges are closed.
- Exceptions for holidays and vacation week.
- Moose Point Cabin will continue to operate as a self- service destination. Meals are not available at Gorman Chairback Lodge for Moose Point guests.
Check back for service updates.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Services at AMC NH Destinations
Overnight Guests at AMC NH Destinations:
- Guests are required to abide by and sign the NH Statement of Health and Quarantine if traveling from outside of NH, VT, MA, RI, ME and CT.
- For information on travel to NH, please visit.
- For Information on reopening of NH, please visit.
- Dining is with reduced seating capacity. All meals and beverages are staff- served.
- Demo equipment available for use
- Common indoor areas remain closed
AMC Backcountry Huts:
- Closed for day use and overnight accommodations.
- No shelter, water, restrooms, or food are available.
- Accepting reservations for 2021.
- Lodge is closed Sunday afternoon through Tuesday morning.
- Deli will be open Tuesday through Sunday and vacation weeks.
- Common rooms are closed.
- Meeting space is available with a reservation.
Joe Dodge Lodge:
- Lodge is closed Sunday through Thursday. Open Friday through Sunday afternoon and holidays.
- No Dinner Service. Guests have access to refrigerator and microwave.
- Living Room and Library are closed.
- Meeting space is available with a reservation.
Pinkham Notch Visitor Center:
- Winter Hours:
- Monday – Thursday 6:30 A.M. – 6 P.M.
- Friday – Sunday 6:30 A.M. – 9 P.M.
- Breakfast is available daily
- Deli is open daily 9:30 A.M. – 4 P.M.
- Dining Room is open daily.
- Hiker Pack-up room is closed
Cardigan Lodge & High Cabin:
- Cardigan Lodge is open for overnight accommodations Friday, Saturday nights plus Sundays on holiday weekends.
- Lodge is closed mid-week.
- Dinner, lodging, breakfast and trail lunch package is available. Self-service options have been suspended for winter.
- High Cabin Guests: Please register at Cardigan Lodge, get lock combination and to sign the NH Statement of Health and Quarantine.
Hermit Lake Shelters:
- Hermit Lake Shelters are open for overnight camping.
- Please pay at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center if possible.
- Untreated water and privies are available.
Spring Services at AMC Destinations
- Check back here for updates as we prepare for spring opening at the huts and service level changes at NH destinations.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email email@example.com .
Harriman Outdoor Center in New York is now closed and will reopen May 11, 2021.
For the New Jersey travel advisory, please visit NJ COVID-19 Travel Advisory.
- Mohican Outdoor Center is closed Sunday evenings through Friday mornings through the winter (starting 11/1).
- No meals or deli service are available.
- Demo backpacks and trekking poles available to borrow.
- Boathouse Interior and Group Campsite Pavilion are open.
- Cabin rentals are limited to a single party, program, or group.
- Linens and comforters are available for rent.
- Pillow with fresh case provided.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Guests are asked to be aware of and abide by Massachusetts’s COVID-19 Travel Order.
- Inland beaches and inside gathering areas such as meeting spaces are closed.
- For more information on travel to and within Massachusetts, please visit.
- For more information on the reopening of Massachusetts, please visit.
- Open with enhanced cleaning of cabins and privies.
- Please visit the Ponkapoag Camp website for reservation and check-in information.