The following policies and operating procedures will be updated accordingly as AMC adapts to the latest directives from state and federal government.
Please note, that while we will strive to keep this information up to date, it is frequently changing. We recommend that you check the individual state’s requirements before your visit.
For more detailed information specific to your destination, please scroll down or call our Contact Service Center at 603-466-2727 or email email@example.com.
COVID-19 Guest Information for reservation confirmations
AMC Food Service
AMC food services will be guided by state guidelines and will change as state guidelines change.
There will be enhanced cleaning of food service and dining areas.
Social distancing will be factored into the dining experience.
There will be increased availability for hand sanitizers for guests and staff in all buildings.
Food service will vary per location.
AMC’s Expectations for our Guests
We require that guests wear masks at specific times during their stay, including at check-in, when entering any retail space, when entering/exiting food service areas, and any other time where social distancing is difficult (both inside and outside). We recommend our guests arrive prepared with their own face coverings. Limited disposable masks will be available for guests who need them.
We ask guests make every effort to maintain social distancing (6 feet or more) from staff and guests outside their party.
We ask guest to maintain healthy hand sanitation, including regular washing of hands and use of hand sanitizer.
If a guest experiences symptoms of COVID-19 during their visit, we ask that the guest notifies AMC staff, immediately, and make arrangements to leave AMC property. Refunds will be provided for guests who need to leave due to exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19.
Staff will wear Face Coverings during interactions with guests, while performing work in guest areas, and will social distance from guests wherever possible.
AMC’s Commitment to COVID-19 Contact Tracing
If, following a reservation, AMC needs to get in touch with any overnight guests in an effort to conduct contact tracing following confirmation of a COVID-19 incident, the person whose name is on the reservation will be responsible for serving as a liaison with the other guests who stayed under that reservation.
Employees will follow all state guidelines when arriving to work, including checking themselves for symptoms and temperature readings as required.
Staff will wear Face Coverings during interactions with guests and while performing work in guest areas and maintain social distancing from guests wherever possible.
Staff will wash hands regularly and wear disposable gloves in some areas of operations.
AMC has suspended the ability to try on clothing in the store.
All sales are final.
We encourage customers to use contactless payment options where possible.
AMC will routinely clean and disinfect surfaces, equipment, and merchandise
Guests will be asked to wear masks and maintain healthy hand sanitation, as required by state guidelines
Guests and staff will be asked to practice social distancing, including following floor directional tools and barriers.
AMC will continue to promote online shopping.
Some common areas (including dining rooms, living rooms, libraries, studies, indoor gathering areas, and some outdoor gathering areas) will be closed to guests and visitors per state guidelines.
The reopening of common spaces will be managed based on state and CDC guidelines. Once open, enhanced cleaning procedures will be implemented based on CDC Guidelines
Saunas will be closed to guests and visitors per state guidelines.
State Specific Details
For up to date travel restrictions to Maine, please visit Keep Maine Healthy.
AMC will be following these guidelines:
- Guests will be required to sign the Maine State Certificate of Compliance upon arrival. It can be previewed on Keep Maine Healthy.
- Dinners, breakfasts and trail lunches will be delivered to guest cabins.
- Inside gathering areas such as the dining rooms, saunas, and meeting spaces are closed.
- Boating and swimming will be available.
- Fly rod rentals and bikes are not available but may be rented from Northwoods Outfitters.
Medawisla Lodge: Communal BBQ grill and sink in the waterfront pavilion will be available upon request.
Moose Point Cabin: Check-in will be “self check-in”. Written directions will be provided on how to operate the propane lights and woodstove. Guests are welcome to stop in at Gorman Chairback Lodge if they need additional guidance.
Check-out Time for all Maine lodges and cabins has been changed to 10 A.M.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
AMC Backcountry Huts:
- All huts are closed for overnight accommodations.
- Bathrooms are available for use during daytime hours.
- Potable water from an exterior spigots available 27/7.
- Take-out snack and lunch foods, limited selection, are available for sale.
- Food and beverages must be consumed outside; there’s no interior seating or gathering
Highland Center, Joe Dodge, Cardigan Lodges Food Service:
- Dinners and Breakfasts will be served family style with members of same party or staff served buffet.
- The number of beds made up in a room will be limited to the number of guests reserved. Please call with special requests.
- Deli and trail lunches available.
- Dining Room capacities are reduced
- Self-service beverage and food options have been suspended.
- Demo equipment is available for use.
- Evening Programs, Interpretive Walks and Hikes are available on a reduced schedule and capacities limited. Please call for the details.
- High Cabin: Check in at cabin is after 3pm, check out is by 11AM. Please stop at Cardigan Lodge to get lock combination and to sign NH State of Health and Quarantine.
Overnight Guests at AMC NH Destinations:
- Currently, all overnight guests are required to abide by and sign the NH Statement of Health and Quarantine.
- Currently, per state guidelines, overnight guests from NH, VT, MA, RI, ME, and CT will be asked for proof of residency with a valid driver’s license as they are exempt from having to quarantine at home prior to arrival in NH..
- There are exceptions for first responders.
- For information on travel to NH, please visit.
- For Information on reopening of NH, please visit.
Hermit Lake Shelters:
- Hermit Lake Shelters are currently open for overnight camping.
- Please pay at Pinkham Notch Visitor Center if at all possible.
- Potable water and privies are available.
WMNF Backcountry Shelters and Tent Sites:
- Open through October 10, 2020.
- $10 per person per night fee.
- Payment to staff or deposited into “Iron Ranger”.
- Privies and Bear Boxes are available for use.
Cardigan Lodge Campsites and High Cabin:
- Open with enhanced cleaning of sites and privies
- Please call for reservations.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email email@example.com .
For the New York travel advisory, please visit NY COVID-19 Travel Advisory.
Check-in: Please allow extra time to check-in. Guests will be asked to complete the following:
- Sign the liability waiver for swimming.
- Sign up for timeslots for waterfront use.
- Sign up for boating time.
- Sign up for meal times.
Food and Beverage Services:
- Meals will be staff-served buffet or family-style
- Dining will be with members of same cabin/tent site only.
- Dining room capacity is reduced.
- Self–service options have been suspended.
- Boating is available; guests can sign up for boating times.
- Waterfront capacity will be reduced; guests can sign up for times.
- Pavilions and Rec Halls are open with reduced capacities.
- Tents and sleeping bags are available to borrow and must be reserved in advance.
- Exterior dish washing areas will be open with usage limited to 1 party at a time.
- Group Campfire can be enjoyed with social distancing.
- Self Service sanitizing sprayers are available for use by guests.
- AMC will continue to provide a clean pillow with case.
- Blankets will not be provided. Plan to bring your own sleeping bag or linens.
- Guests are welcome to rent linens which may be reserved in advance.
- Stayover service for cabins has been suspended.
- Jugs of potable water will not be provided in the cabins. Potable water is available.
The AMC Shuttle to/from Tuxedo Junction is available
- Additional trips will be added to allow for a smaller van capacity.
- Reservations are required and should be made in advance.
- Face covering will be required while riding the shuttle.
To reserve AMC Shuttle Service, Equipment (tent, pad, or sleeping bag, Lowa boots) or linens, please contact the Center at 617-523-0636 X 56523 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions and latest information, please call AMC Contact Service Center Monday – Saturday, 9-5 603-466-2727 or email email@example.com
For the New Jersey travel advisory, please visit NJ COVID-19 Travel Advisory.
Food and Beverage Services:
- Meals will be Take-Out only.
- Reservations for meals is encouraged.
- Self-service food & beverage options have been suspended.
- Canoe and Kayak rentals are available for 4-hour blocks.
- Join us for Saturday night BBQ, campfire and S’mores with social distancing.
- Boat House interior is closed except when reserved by a single group of <10.
- Demo backpacks and trekking poles available to borrow.
- Group Campsite Pavilion is currently closed.
- Capacities are limited.
- Cabin rentals are limited to a single party, program, or group.
- Linens and comforters are available for rent.
- Pillow with fresh case provided.