Mizpah Spring Hut, located just off the legendary Crawford Path, is an ideal stopping point before or
after an exploration of the southern Presidential Range. Come for the views, stay for the library.
June 1, 2023 - October 21, 2023
May 5, 2023 - May 21, 2023
May 26, 2023 - May 28, 2023
Mizpah Spring Hut is closed during the fall, winter and much of the spring. The hut cannot be used as an emergency shelter during the winter.
Shuttle stop at trailhead
No dogs overnight
Located between Mount Pierce and Mount Jackson, reach Mizpah Spring Hut by journeying 2.7 miles from the Crawford Path Trailhead along the moderate Crawford Path. Once you arrive, enjoy exceptional hiking opportunities on the dramatic peaks of the southern Presidential Range.
|Difficulty||Hut Elevation||Mileage/Trail||Elevation Gain||Hiking Time||Trailhead|
|Moderate||3,777 ft||2.7 miles/Crawford Path||2,000 ft||2 - 4 hours||Crawford Path|
Want to hike hut-to-hut on the Presidential Range? Check out our resources tab for suggested trip itineraries.
Overnight guests can stay in our bunkrooms, which have a total capacity of 60 people and include individual rooms that accommodate between 4 to 10 people. We strongly recommend you make reservations in advance. Each room:
- Has individual bunks with mattresses
- Is fully enclosed
- Is unheated and has no electricity/overhead lighting, each bunk has a small reading light
- Is co-ed and may be shared by multiple people from different reservations
Guests must bring:
- An appropriately rated sleeping bag and pillow for your bunks
- A headlamp
- Appropriate clothing that will keep you warm during your stay
- Appropriate gear for a backcountry hike (see pack list tab for more information)
The hut dining room acts as a common space for overnight guests and day visitors. In this area you can:
- Chat with an AMC hut croo member or caretaker
- Eat meals prepared and served by hut staff (for overnight guests)
- Refill on water and hot drinks
- Purchase snacks, merchandise and limited gear from 10am to 5pm (cash encouraged; no mobile payment apps accepted)
Want to go to a hut with a guided group? See what programs our Outdoor Guides are offering.
A portion of the proceeds from AMC Huts goes towards funding conservation projects across our region.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Operations
AMC has a long-standing commitment to using its huts, lodges, and sporting camps as models for sustainable operations and environmental stewardship. At Mizpah Spring Hut we use solar panels and battery banks to run electricity and use LED lighting. The hut has composting toilets, solar water preheats, and we are committed to recycling and composting food.