Greenleaf Hut surrounds guests with high mountain beauty as you enjoy stunning views of Franconia Ridge, Cannon Mountain, and the Kinsmans.
June 1, 2023 - October 21, 2023
May 5, 2023 - May 28 2023
Greenleaf Hut is closed during the fall, winter and much of the spring. The hut cannot be used as an emergency shelter during the winter.
Shuttle stop at trailhead
No dogs overnight
Located below Mount Lafeyette, reach Greenleaf Hut by journeying 2.9 miles from the Old Bridle Path Trailhead along the strenuous Old Bridle Path. Once you arrive, enjoy exceptional hiking opportunities on Franconia Ridge.
|Difficulty||Hut Elevation||Mileage/Trail||Elevation Gain||Hiking Time||Trailhead|
|Strenuous||4,220 ft||2.9 miles/Old Bridle Path||2,500 ft||2.5 - 5 hours||Old Bridle Path|
Looking for a less challenging hike in? Check out Lonesome Lake Hut or Zealand Falls Hut.
Overnight guests can stay in one of our bunkrooms, which have a total capacity of 48 people. We strongly recommend you make reservations in advance. Each room:
- Has individual bunks with mattresses
- Three wool blankets and 1 pillow with a pillowcase are provided on every bunk during the full-service season, however, bringing an extra pillowcase and sleeping bag is still recommended
- Is fully enclosed
- Is unheated and has no electricity/overhead lighting, each bunk has a small reading light
- Is co-ed and may be shared by multiple people from different reservations
Guests must bring:
- An appropriately rated sleeping bag and pillow for your bunks
- A headlamp
- Appropriate clothing that will keep you warm during your stay
- Appropriate gear for a backcountry hike (see pack list tab for more information)
The hut dining room acts as a common space for overnight guests and day visitors. In this area you can:
- Chat with an AMC hut croo member or caretaker
- Eat meals prepared and served by hut staff (for overnight guests)
- Refill on water and hot drinks
- Purchase snacks, merchandise and limited gear from 10am to 5pm (cash encouraged; no mobile payment apps accepted)
Want to go to a hut with a guided group? See what programs our Outdoor Guides are offering.
A portion of the proceeds from AMC Huts goes towards funding conservation projects across our region.
Our Commitment to Sustainable Operations
AMC has a long-standing commitment to using its huts, lodges, and sporting camps as models for sustainable operations and environmental stewardship. At Greenleaf Hut we use solar panels and battery banks to run electricity and use LED lighting. The hut has composting toilets and we are committed to recycling and composting food. Greenleaf hut also has solar hot water preheats and solar heaters to improve the effectiveness of the composting toilet system.